SEN Coordinator :
Joanne Tyrrell The Learning Support Group is:
- Parents working together to support educational needs
- Open to all parents, guardians and teachers, it is not confined to parents and guardians of students in resource.
- Not a complaints forum , the group takes a positive approach
- Working together, learning from each other, learning through talk
- Aiming to make information for students with special education needs more readily available to parents
- Identifying issues and discussing them amongst ourselves and getting outsiders guidance
- Offering an opportunity to benefit from other parents’ experiences
- Offering an opportunity to raise concerns in a positive manner, to identify issues and to seek outside guidance from, for example, the Resource Teacher, Year Head, Principal or outside proffessional.
- Confidential and sensitive in its approach and all references to individual students or teachers will be kept minimal
- A Group that will identify issues that impact on our children’s education and will lobby for change where we believe change is needed
Click here for SEN policy: