MOUNT TEMPLE COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL DRESS CODE
Pupils in Mount Temple do not wear a school uniform. We encourage diversity and self-expression; however a dress code is part of the personal education of pupils here.
Pupils are encouraged to be aware themselves of what is, and what is not acceptable as to what they wear in the school environment. In order to facilitate this learning
pupils and their parents/guardians are given guidelines known as the Dress Code to
help them make the right choices in terms of their school clothes and to realise that
some form of clothing is not appropriate for school.
Students should arrive dressed appropriately for school unless there is mitigating circumstances e.g. extreme weather or an injury. All clothing that is worn must be clean, modest and appropriate for daily school life. Underwear must never be seen and all slogans and pictures must not be offensive.
• Tracksuits and tracksuit shorts MUST be kept for PE or for sports activity.
They should not be worn in the normal classroom setting, in exams or for any
school related activity.
• Skinny jeans, jeggings and leggings must have a top that is of fingertip length (to cover both waist and hip).
• Shorts, skirts and dresses must of moderate length. They must be suitable for school life and not for a night out.
• Any type of headgear (hoods etc) must not be worn inside the classroom or school
• Trousers must not be worn below the waist, displaying underwear.
• Any tops that display underwear must not be worn.
• Tops that expose the midriff or chest area must not be worn.
• Torn jeans, although allowed must be moderate and not show too much of the leg.
• Hair must always be clean.
• A student’s eyes must not be covered by a hairstyle.
Jewellery should be appropriate to daily school life. Earrings that are very long are a health and safety issue in practical classes and on crowded corridors and should not be worn.
While make-up is allowed in school it should be applied in moderation.
Pupils may be challenged for violations of the dress code by the teaching staff. Repeated
failure of a pupil to comply with the dress code will mean an entry against their name on Vsware, Wednesday detention and/or being sent home to change their clothing following prior notification to parents/guardians.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CODE APPLIES TO PUPILS ATTENDING ALL SCHOOL RELATED ACTIVITIES.