RE-OPENING NOTICE 2019-2020
First Year Monday 26th August 9:00–12:00pm
Tuesday 27th August 9:00– 12:00pm
Second Year Monday August 26th 10:30am-1:00pm
Third Year Monday August 26th 12:00
Fourth Year Tuesday August 27th 9.00am – 1:00pm approx
Fifth Year Tuesday August 27th 11:30am
Sixth Year Tuesday August 27th 10:00am
- Incoming First Years must attend Monday and Tuesday for induction. One parent/guardian should accompany first years on Monday for a brief meeting.
- Second years will have team building activities after a short assembly – wear tracksuits and runners.
- It is important for all other pupils to attend the assembly scheduled for them.
- Timetables and other important materials will be distributed at these assemblies.
Full classes commence on Wednesday 28th August at 8:40am – all pupils (except TY) should have timetables, books and €12 for journal & €10 for locker. This payment can be made online at mounttemple.vsware.ie or by cash/cheque to form teacher.
Mount Temple’s BOOK LISTS [under LEARNING on website], school policies and upcoming events may be viewed on the school website at www.mounttemple.ie & the School App
Text books ordered in advance through the school can be collected and paid for at the following times:-
1st/2nd/3rd years on Monday August 26th 10:00am – 2:00 pm
4th/5th/6th years on Tuesday August 27th 9:00am – 10:30 am
Collection can be made on either day to facilitate students in different years.
Subsequent inquiries will be dealt with by staff from the Book Haven – 01 8353806 or firstname.lastname@example.org
THERE IS A BOOK GRANT AVAILABLE FROM THE SCHOOL. THE FORM CAN ACCESSED FROM OUR WEBSITE, THE APP OR FROM THE SCHOOL OFFICE
ANNUAL VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTION
A single Voluntary Contribution of €250 per family is the norm.
While those who contribute the above, it is a voluntary contribution.
This tax-back Support Scheme allows the school to directly access tax paid by parents (e.g. €181 at 41% rate on €250). Amounts given are dealt with confidentially by the Principal. See Voluntary Subscription Form for details
MOUNT TEMPLE APP
This will be our main method of communication next year – it is essential you have downloaded it.
NB Three easy ways to get our app:
- Download (search for Mount Temple) Available on App Store or Google Play
- Allow push notifications – OK
- Register –Use any of your email addresses and password of your choice. Please ensure that your name, email & mobile number (parents only) details entered on the app correspond with the details the school holds for you on their internal administration system.
- Set your profile
- The school is obliged to keep accurate attendance records for each pupil and an explanation for each absence must be provided by parent / guardian in the appropriate section of the journal/App.
Parents/Guardians are requested to text the absence phone (083 1308857) if the student is late or absent for any reason. This phone is not attended and should not be used for any other purpose.
Texts are sent from the school if your child is marked absent at roll call (and no explanatory text is received).
- Appropriate clothes should be worn to school. Tracksuits, obvious leisure wear and provocative clothing is unacceptable.
- Appropriate clothing also required for PE – Note CONVERSE runners are not suitable footwear for PE.
- The school accepts no liability for loss of such items as coats, bicycles, watches, mobile phones, etc and parents/guardians are advised that it is possible to obtain insurance cover for same by a personal effects extension to the householder’s policy. Parents/guardians are advised not to allow pupils to bring large sums of money or other valuables to school.
- Only students living near the school may go home for lunch, if they have received permission from the school to do so. Sixth years may apply for permission to leave the school at lunch time only (1:05 – 1:45pm) subject to parental approval. No other pupils may leave during the school day without permission to sign out. The school does not take responsibility for any harm befalling students who leave the premises.
- When teachers are unavoidably absent through illness, every effort is made to arrange for substitution, and occasionally the timetable has to be adjusted. When this is not possible, it is sometimes arranged for the pupils in particular classes to be sent home early. If, due to special home circumstances, there are parents who do not find this latter arrangement convenient, they must inform the Principal or Deputy-Principal in writing, before the beginning of next term. We will then ensure that the pupil concerned remains in school until the normal closing time.
- All pupils must vacate the school premises within 15 minutes of the end of classes unless involved in school activities.
Supervised Study will be available to 3rd and 6th year students once again this year provided sufficient numbers are interested. Application forms will be available on start up.
Piano, guitar, drums and singing tuition are possible optional extras. The charge for each is between €150 and €200 payable in each of Sept, Nov and March.
LEAVING AND JUNIOR CERT. EXAMS
Department of Education & Science fees for these exams are due from February 2020, and the amount is likely to be around €100. Exact details will be issued to pupils by the Department of Education & Science, through the school.
The Parents’ Association is very active and provides support essential to the continuation and development of the schools policies, practices and extra-curricular programme. It is desirable for the full education of the pupils that they participate in as wide a range of activities as possible. The school encourages all parents to join the Parents’ Association and get involved!
THE SPORTS COUNCIL
The focus of the council is the organisation and funding of sport in the school. Students, staff and parents participate in this vibrant and important group. New members are always welcome.
OTHER VOLUNTARY ACTIVITIES
Mount Temple benefits greatly from the hard work of a number of dedicated volunteers in the areas of library, canteen, sickbay etc. If you have a few hours to spare your assistance would be much appreciated. Due to the major cutbacks, the number of trips usually embarked on may not be possible next year – if you would be available to accompany pupils on such trips or sporting activities please contact the school office and Garda vetting will be organised.